Canada: The place for pork
26 March 2022
One thing we love to do at MeatEx Canada is connect the meat, poultry and seafood industry, both domestically and internationally. And that includes pork producers, buyers and sellers.
Canada, as a producer and consumer of pork, is rich with opportunities for them.
• Internationally renowned reputation as a supplier of high quality and sustainably produced pork products
• Pork consumption expected to reach 22.7 kilograms of carcass weight per capita this year
• Recent Government of Canada investment of more than $4.6 million to grow the pork industry within Canada and international markets
• Imports of pork to Canada amounted to about 273,000 metric tons in 2020
• Exported up to 1.2 million tonnes of pork and pork products valued at $4.2 billion
Register now for MeatEx Canada, taking place Sept. 28-30 at the Enercare Centre in Toronto, and come connect with opportunities, industry peers, and ways the meat industry is moving into the future.
MeatEx Canada is leading this innovative and informative journey for you. Register now, and discover more about this market!